- What is the best horror story you can come with in two sentences, from Reddit. THe winner is justaAnotherMuffledVo:
I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.” I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.”
- I choose to be fat, by Laura Bogart at Salon.com. [In which Our Hero decides to quit letting people bully her about her weight.]
- Existential Depression in Gifted Children, by Sofo at theunboundspirit.com. [So there's a term for it! And it makes so much sense. I'd say that a good two-thirds of my depression are these sorts of considerations rather than just the wonky brain chemistry, and it'd certainly explain the ineffectiveness of every psych med I've ever taken (except that very first day on Celexa).]
- Black Cat Cosplayer Draws Attention to Comic Con Sexual Harassment. So What Can We Do About It?, by Rebecca Pahle at The Mary Sue.
- From Jack O'Brien and David Wong at Cracked, 5 Mind-Blowing Facts Nobody Told You About Guns. [Well worth the read.]
- From Christopher Shea at the Wall Street Journal, The Subtle Politics of Suicide Rates. [Obvious TW for talk of suicide.]
Also, clicky: the animal rescue site, the child health site, the literacy site, the rainforest site, the breast cancer site, and the hunger site. :)