- From exceptindreams, the thoughtful poem The Worry People by Dario R. Beniquez.
- From The New Yorker, The Gift: Joseph Brodsky and the fortunes of misfortune.
- Haha! The "GOODBYE I HATE YOU ALL" post generator. Found at a comment to theborogove. :)
- Why Have Hackers Hit Russia's Most Popular Blogging Service? From Time, via sarken, regarding the attacks on LiveJournal.
- I fucking hate Scott Walker. Look at this: Walker seeks to stop defense of state's domestic partner registry. From jsonline.com.
- From columbusgohome.com, Dakota Scholar Waziyatawin schools Fort Snelling Rep. Exerpt:
Dakota scholar Waziyatawin debates (schools) illegal European Fort Snelling representative on Fox news:
Fort Snelling was used as a concentration camp against Dakota people in 1862 where 1700 women and children were imprisoned. 300 of them died that winter while being used as target practice by the soldiers, and as many others were brutally raped. It is currently a site where colonial reenactments of white settler life take place but there is no mention of genocide, ethnic cleansing, or the concentration camp at the site.
Currently Minnesotan’s are footing the Million dollar bill to continue renovating what is, in fact, a replica of the original Fort Snelling, rebuilt during the 1960's after the original structure had deteriorated beyond repair.
- This neato-ness from lovefromgirl:
Me: Apparently the KGB is trying to DDoS LJ.
Mum: What's that?
In Putin's Russia, LJ uses you.
- From time.com, Bagles: An American Tragedy. o.O
- From HuffPost World, The Least Free Countries in the World.
- From Truthout, From Wikileaks to SB 1070 - The Rise of the NEw Global Hacktivists.
Also, clicky: the animal rescue site, the child health site, the literacy site, the rainforest site, the breast cancer site, the hunger site, and