- From @LadyAtheist, this amusing bit from The Big Bang Theory. :)
- From @pzmeyers, I am lectured in logic by a man who believes in invisible magic men in the sky. Well, just one, PZ. More than one would be heresy. :P
- From @LadyAtheist, Surviving The World. AWESOME.
- From @digby56, Pro-Life = Pro-Torture. For reals!
- From @AMERICAblogGay, 5,000 sign Dan Choi's open letter to Hillary over Moscow police violence at Pride, Russian LGBT weigh in. From gay.americablog.com.
- Awww! From AmericaBlogGay, A little boy works through 'husbands and husbands' The video's no longer there, but there's a full transcript.
- A Mesage About Food From The President Of The United States. From The New Civil Rights Movement.
- From ontd_political, High School Student Stands Up Against Prayer at Public School and Is Ostracized, Demeaned and Threatened. When I was in seventh grade, I came out as atheist to the other three girls at my art table. They taunted me with "When The Saints Go Marching In" every day until I finally asked for a new seating assignment. I didn't tell the teacher why because I didn't want to be bullied by him too.
In tenth grade I wrote a letter to the editor about how sex ed in schools was a good thing, and that the teacher was very professional, and that as an atheist I resented Christian groups trying to force their "morality" on me. When my mom found out that that was the reason I'd asked for a stamp (she reads the opinion pages), she and my stepdad were worried that their friends might think that they were atheists too. *headdesk* (They didn't kick me out or anything. It's something that we can agree to disagree on.)
Over the next few years I met other atheist classmates, but none of us fought the "invocations" at our graduations because we feared this kind of shitstorm.
- Miley Cyrus, Unlikely Voice Of Reason. From ontd_political.
- Republican Lawmaker Hires Jobless Constituent To Work In His Yard For $8 An Hour. SO MANY LEVELS OF WRONG in this. Which are quite handily spelled out in the comments. From ontd_political.
Also, clicky: the animal rescue site, the child health site, the literacy site, the rainforest site, the breast cancer site, the hunger site, and