- From ontd_political, Republicans sponsor bill to exclude greenhouse gases as pollutants. Rep. Markey is awesome.
- From @joanwalsh back in August: .@digbt56 sharply contrasts the heroism of the Sherrods with the cruelty of @adambreitbart.
- (also old) From @ontd_political, Death of teen on bike shows risks of expanded use of Tasers.
- (also old) From @thenation, Lost Billions in Iraq. Excerpt:
If public schools or Medicare providers were held to the same standards as military contractors, they'd never have to beg for cash. Need money? Sure! -- Congress would say -- what's a few missing billions of tax dollars?
- (also old) From Media Matters, Beck: Present day will seem like good times "when we're behind barbed wire and just eating rock soup." I swear, my first thought went to the line from the old children's tale about sharing: "Soup from a stone! Fancy that!"
- (also old) From Scientific American Podcast, Fancy Brand Logos Send Mixed Messages. Too true. I'm not rich or anything but I won't wear anything with a big-ass logo on it.
- (also old) Yeah, yanno, what do we ladies need brains of our own for? From @8C, Ladies, you need to listen to Christian guys tell you what to wear. By @pzmeyers.
- (also old) From @Emperor_Bob, Billions Wasted in Mexico Pushing Failed U.S. Drug War Tactics. *headdesk* From AlterNet.
- (also old) From @NatGeoSociety, Dead Sea Scrolls Mystery Solved?
- (also old) From @expatina, Iowa GOP Embraces Plan To Strip Obama's Citizenship For Excepting Nobel Prize. The stupid in the GOP apparently knows no bounds.
Also, clicky: the animal rescue site, the child health site, the literacy site, the rainforest site, the breast cancer site, the hunger site, and