- From the Washington Post, Economy Poll: African Americans, Hispanics were hit hardest but are most optimistic.
- Also from WaPo, Obama Administration replaces controversial 'conscience' regulation for health-care workers. AMISH BUS DRIVER RULE.
- From the Huffington Post, House GOP blocked legislation that would have provided additional benefits to the long-term unemployed. Is anyone else getting the feeling that the GOP from local to national is deliberately sabotaging the country?
- Also from HuffPost, Jan Schakowsky Announces the Winners of the 'So Be It' Awards. Yyyyyyep.
- Also from Huffpost, Amanda Terkel: Wisconsin Protests: Labor Protesters Call On Obama To Join Them In Madison.
- From Tamar Abrams at HuffPost, Planned Parenthood and Me...and You. A very good read.
- Yarn Bombing The Blue Line. Awesome!
Earlier today I got a message from a certain Ishknits yarn bombing artist telling me that she was heading out this afternoon to bomb SEPTA’s Blue Line and invited me to tag along to photograph it all for this blog. (Which, first off, is amazing; thanks to all the street artists who have, and are continuing to, contact me about stuff like this. Love it!!)
Needless to say I hopped right on the El, and from 15th street to 69th street and then back to the Dolphin street stop, she installed 3 pieces on 3 different trains. And even while we started on a near empty train by the end it was the beginning of rush hour and the train was packed, all the people on each train we very excited about the work. Moving out of our way when we needed them too, taking photos, and chatting with both of us. One older woman even asked us excitedly, “is this for the internet?” “Yup, it is, ma’am.”
- From Yarnbombing, Fancy Fences in Denver. :D
- Hats for Hunger. Buy and/or donate a hat, and all the money made goes to Heifer International. :D
- Raining cats and dogs! From Yarn Bombing. All together now: AWWWWWW. :D
Also, clicky: the animal rescue site, the child health site, the literacy site, the rainforest site, the breast cancer site, the hunger site, and