- This is pretty cool. From GoodReads, Moby Duck: The True Story of 28,800 Bath Toys Lost at Sea and of the Beachcombers, Oceanographers, Environmentalists, and Fools, Including the Author, Who Went in Search of Them, by Donovan Hohn.
- PETITION: Tell Wal-Mart & SUPERVALU to clean up their act and save the oceans! From change.org.
- Transcript of prank Koch-Walker conversation, from Madison.com. Dude got nailed.
- From whatprivilege.com, Why homeless people don't just go back to their families.
- From boingboing.net, Westboro Baptist Church attempts to lure Anonymous into attacking it? Sure, why not? WBC is one giant litigation scam.
- From the Huffington Post, Lady Gaga Ends Target Partnership, Reportedly over LGBT Stance. Rock on, Gaga.
- Also from HuffPo, Arab-Style Democracy: The Answer to the Post Dictatorship Era by Elza S. Maalouf. Excerpt:
When the twenty-six-year-old college graduate, Mohammed Bouazizi, set himself on fire in Tunis, he sparked a revolution that was more than 40 years in the making. Sadly, he did not live to see the change. "Revolutions do not cause change they confirm the change which has already happened," wrote Dr. Don Beck, a complex systems strategist. Typically, this happens more to societies that are already changing, as the raised expectations put pressure on existing leaders and structures, like the geologic tectonic shifts that will rise to the surface during earthquakes.
- From Donna Brazile at HuffPo, Charlie White's Indictment: Piercing the Veil of "Voter Fraud"
- Frp, Accessproes For Your Left Brain, Spotted! Garters for Geeks by Kizette. Neato! Nintendo, Vulcan Salute and others.
- From @pzmeyers at Pharyngula, Phelps v. Anonymous? Or Phelps v. Phelps? More on what is extremely likely to be a scam by the WBC.
Also, clicky: the animal rescue site, the child health site, the literacy site, the rainforest site, the breast cancer site, the hunger site, and